Thank you to everyone who donated to Karraker & Smallmon’s “12 Days Of T-Shirts” fundraiser for The Little Bit Foundation … we raised $13,316!
Michelle Smallmon has been a long-time supporter of this wonderful organization and we’re thankful for your efforts to help out.
If you missed out on donating to our “12 Days Of T-Shirts” campaign, you can still help support this great organization! Make a general donation to The Little Bit Foundation HERE!
Presented by MassageLuXe
Give the Gift of Relaxation … buy 2 Gift Cards and Get one Free … at MassageLuXe
The Little Bit Foundation exists today as a leader in breaking down barriers to education for St. Louis students. Little Bit brings programs and partners into the lives of students that address basic needs, provide health education and intervention, and expand academic and career opportunities. By providing in-school programming that extends from preschool all the way through high school – TLBF lives out a vision to walk with students during their educational journey, see them graduate and go on to become successful members of a stronger St. Louis.
• The Little Bit Foundation is a community of volunteers, partners and other supporters working to break down barriers to education for St. Louis students. Little Bit brings programs and partners into the lives of underserved students that address their basic needs, and expand their academic and career opportunities.
• Little Bit works within schools and interacts directly with students to help address the things that may be interfering with their ability to come to school and focus in the classroom, such as food, coats and shoes, underwear and hygiene items.
• The organization also brings programs that support literacy, math skills and STEM learning.
• Little Bit programs extend from preschool all the way through high school, with specific supports at every level. The vision is to see every student graduate and go on to become successful members of a stronger St. Louis. It’s about leveling the playing field for students living in poverty so that they can fulfill their dreams.
• Little Bit goes where the need is greatest, partnering with schools where 90-100% of students are in the free and reduced lunch program, meaning their families are at or below the federal poverty level. Currently, Little Bit is embedded in 42 school communities, serving 14,000 students across the St. Louis area.
• In partnership with the Riverview Gardens School District, Little Bit has embarked on its largest outreach to date. Through Project Graduation, it has adopted every school in the district and is working with the district to ensure that students graduate with next steps. Part of the project involves high school mentoring, career fairs, work study opportunities and more.
• When food became an even greater need for St Louis students with the closure of schools during the COVID-19 crisis, The Little Bit Foundation created the Feeding Hope program to bring food directly to the highest risk families in our school communities. So far, In the new school year, TLBF is reaching families not only with groceries, but essentials such as shoes and clothing, and educational materials like school supplies and technology supports for every student in the household learning remotely. Additionally, through Little Bit’s needs assessments of families, they work to connect families with other critical resources.
• COVID-19 Response: During the crisis, The Little Bit Foundation has been able to pivot rather than pause during the pandemic to reach students dealing with a confluence of challenges. TLBF is continuing and expanding their Feeding Hope program, which provides groceries and other necessities directly to families’ doors. They are continuing to provide essentials to students via drop-offs at schools or drive-thrus so students and their families can pick up their items. They also have found safe and effective ways to continue their Mobile Food Markets – which are the fourth Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of each month, at 3 different locations around the city, to distribute free food provided by the St Louis Area Food Bank to the community. Lastly, they have created a virtual tutoring program for students struggling with virtual learning in math and literacy.
• So many ways to get involved, including volunteering (even during the pandemic). Visit thelittlebitfoundation.org to contact them.
• Virtual Music Trivia night coming up Sat., Feb. 20! Everyone is welcome! Visit thelittlebitfoundation.org for more details.