The “Rise Up For Heroes” initiative is asking everyone in the St. Louis community (both Missouri and Illinois alike) to come together, stand together and salute our frontline heroes as one each night at 7 p.m. in neighborhoods and residential areas.
Whether it is stepping outside one’s home, standing on one’s porch or opening a window to express gratitude and respect, the goal is to let everyone know that St. Louis applauds the bravery and commitment for those who are sustaining the health and well-being of everyone in the greater St. Louis metropolitan area.
Come outside (at the appropriate distance, of course) and express your gratitude and support to the frontline heroes of the COVID-19 battle in one of the following ways:
- Turning your outdoor lighting blue
- Making yard signs
- Placing blue ribbons around trees & mailboxes
- Sketching your appreciation with sidewalk chalk
- Joining your neighbors in singing or dancing (while social distancing)
- Banging pots & pans together
- Offering up a toast to our heroes
- Putting up Christmas lights
Visit riseupforheroes.org for more info!